Former President John Dramani Mahama has touted his National Democratic Congress (NDC)-led achievements in the Volta Region.
The President reiterated his achievements to the people of the Volta Region in a live interview at Global 105.1 FM hosted by Randy Edudzi Ahadzi during his Thank You Tour after the December 2020 general elections.
The achievements listed include major educational infrastructure, health projects, roads, water and sanitation, among many across the eighteen (18) administrative District and Municipal Assemblies in the Volta Region.
According to John Dramani Mahama, it becomes very necessary to reiterate his achievements to the people of the region to show his commitment in developing the Region as he started some years back as president of Ghana.
Mr. Mahama also accused the ruling New Patriotic Party government for doing nothing in the Volta Region. According to him, the New Patriotic Party has done virtual nothing in the Region. “I am talking about major governmental projects, the NPP has done no major governmental projects in the Volta Region since President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo took power from me” Former President John Dramani Mahama said.
He therefore proceeded to make a tall list of governmental projects his NDC-led administration has embarked on in the region.
Some of the developmental projects listed by the President include;
Community Day Schools
1 Volo Community Day SHS – North Tongu
2. Agave Community Day SHS – South Tongu
3. Avenorfeme Community Day SHS – Akatsi South
4. Aflao Community Day SHS – Ketu South
5. Ziope Community Day SHS – Agotime – Ziope
6. Adaklu Community Day SHS – Adaklu
7. Tongor Community Day SHS – South Dayi
8. The establishment of UHAS.
UHAS medical school was also established.
9. Ho Poly Technic was also upgraded to University.
The former President explained that, not only did he built new schools but all the existing Senior High Schools (SHS) in the Region benefited from infrastructure expansion programs in the area of classrooms and boarding facilities.
1. KETU NORTH MUNICIPAL HOSPITAL (Weta Hospital )
2. Akatsi South District Hospital expansion project. ( bungalows for medical staff, administration block, mortuary, male ward, female ward and theatre).
1. Akatsi bypass to Aflao (asphalt overlay)
2 Akatsi to Ziope road
3. Have to Kpando road
4. Ve Golokoati to Fodome roads
5. Kpando, Tafi to Logba roads
6. Kome road within Anlo Constituency
7. Sea Defense Wall within Anlo constituency.
8. Started the Sea Defense Wall at Agavedzi.
9. Four (4) Municipal capitals town roads (asphalt overlays ) Hohoe, Kpando, Ho, and Aflao.
10. Completion of Sogakope Ho Fume road.
11. Awards of portions of the Eastern corridor roads ( Asikuma Have, Have Hohoe)
11. Constructed the Ho areodrome
WATER & SANITATION
1. Expansion of Kpando Water system
2. Five (5) Districts water project at Adidome (Central Tongu). Targeted Districts are: Central Tongu, Adaklu,
Ho West, Agotime-Ziope and North Tongu
1. HO Central Market
2. Office Complex for National Communications Authority (Ho)
3. Established Naval Based at Agorta (South Tongu)
4. Constructed the Anloga Shopping Mall (Use as Anloga District Office)
5. Constructed the Keta Shopping Mall
6. District ICT Centers across the region
1. North Tongu District Office
2. Afadzato South District Office
Mr. Mahama explained that, the above achievements are just a few of his many developmental projects in the Volta Region.
The former President, John Dramani Mahama earlier today commences his first phase of the series of activities in Volta Region, as part of his Thank You Tour.
He spoke on Live Radio interview at Global FM which was hooked on other radio stations in the region and beyond.
Mr. Mahama will also paid a courtesy call on the Agbogbomefia, Togbe Afede XIV, and the Asogli Traditional Council at the Asogli Secretariat, Ho and interacted with Religious Leaders at Dela Cathedral, Ho Kpodzi.
The former President is expected to visit the residence of the late Comrade Courage Worlasi Danku, to commiserate with the family and sign the book of condolence in memory of the late Deputy Regional Youth Organizer at Sokode Gbagble.
Meanwhile a meeting has been scheduled with Party Stakeholders at the G.M. Afeti Auditorium, Ho Technical University after the president movement.
WATCH HIS FULL INTERVIEW HERE.