Ministry of Inner City and Zongo Development built 252 household toilets for Inner City Communities 

The Ministry of Inner City and Zongo Development (MICZD) under the leadership of Hon. Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid is said to have constructed 252 household toilets for Inner City Communities in Accra.

According to the Ministry, the Sector Minister Hon. Dr. Mustapha Abdul-Hamid together with the Accra Mayor Hon. Mohammed Adjei Sowah in January 2020 have inspected 252 household toilets built by the Ministry for communities in the inner-city areas of Accra.

The beneficiary communities according to the Ministry of Inner City and Zongo Development include; Mudor, Ayalolo, Korle Gonno, Mamprobi, Agbogbloshie, Bukom, Adabraka, Chorkor, Okpongobu, and Kokompe.

Advertisement

READ ALSO: Don’t attack our opponents; campaign on our existing records – NPP Campaign Team

In a press statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the Ministry of Inner City and Zongo Development Ahmed Ayuba disclosed that, World Bank sponsored 70% of the cost of the household toilets project, while the residents were supposed to cater for the remaining 30% of the cost.

Advertisement

The Ministry has also stated that, the vulnerable residents couldn’t get their 30% funding which compelled the Sector Minister to quickly stepped in to provide the support to complete the projects.

In the Ministry’s press statement “the project is meant to end open defecation, especially along the beaches of Accra. Indeed, the effort of the MICZD adds to the 27,000 household toilets that have so far been built in the communities of Accra.”

The Ministry in addition condemned mischievous and fake publications of pictures circulating on social media purported to have been the Minister’s visit to one of the beneficiary houses and commissioning of project.

Read below the full statement from the ministry.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Leave a Reply