The Minority Members of Parliament in Ghana who represent the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have called on the President for the removal of the current Finance Minister, Hon. Ken Ofori-Atta from office due to the recent economic crisis.
A move that was backed by a number of Majority MPs in Parliament.
The call for the Minister’s dismissal by these minority MPs didn’t just end verbally as they also tendered in a Vote of Censure motion in Parliament for approval by the speaker.
This has got a lot of citizens wondering why the legislators are bent on getting Hon. Ken Ofori-Atta out of office before the end of his tenure.
Some of their reasons include:
1. Despicable Conflict of interest
2. Unconstitutional withdrawals from the Consolidated fund
3. Illegal payment of Oil revenue into offshore accounts.
4. Deliberate and dishonest misreporting of data to the parliament.
5.Alarming Incompetence and frightening ineptitude
6. Gross mismanagement of the Ghanaian Economy.