The District Chief Executive for the North Tongu District Assembly Mr. Richard Collins Arku has announced a tall list of major achievements during his tenure of office.
According to the 2020 Parliamentary Candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), the projects underscored were just a few achievements during his administration as a District Chief Executive for North Tongu, one of the Tongu enclaves in the Volta Region of Ghana.
The DCE believes that, the North Tongu District Assembly which was established by a Legislative Instrument (L.I.) 2081 and carved out of the then North Tongu District (old) now Central Tongu has been transformed under his able leadership.
He made some of these known during the North Tongu Constituency Parliamentary debate ahead of the 2020 General Elections and subsequently told a delegation sent to the District to inspect some of the ongoing projects in the area.
On August 14, 2021, Mr. Richard Collins Arku also took the Volta Regional Minister Dr. Archibald Letsa to a number of project sites after the Burial Service of Mr. Theophilus Brown Okudzeto, the late Father of Mr. Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa.
Coverghana.com.gh preliminary checks on the projects show that, a number of the projects underscored by the DCE are still under construction while some have been completed and commissioned.
Below is the tall list of some projects disclosed by Richard Collins Arku, the DCE of North Tongu.
1. District Court Complex at Battor (funded from the District Development Facility)
2. Office Complex for Rural Enterprise (funded from the share of District Assemblies Common Fund with support from the Rural Enterprise).
3. Office Complex for the National Ambulance Service (funded from Community Development Fund made available through the operation of Premix Fuel Landing Beach Committees).
4. 3-No. 2-Bedroom Semi-Detached Staff Bungalows (funded from District Development Facility).
5. Distribution of free school uniforms to girls from Kindergarten 2 to Class 4 at Battor D/A Basic School.
6. Distribution of 750 metallic tables and chairs to fifteen (15) Basic schools and one Senior High School in the District.
7. Construction of Sinostone Bi-Ethanol Manufacturing Company Ltd sited at Gborkpo. He said, the company which is under 1D1F policy is at the final stage of installing the manufacturing equipments for production of industrial ethanol. A team of engineers are on site working tirelessly to have the installation completed. The company has planted 7,500 acres of cassava ready to be harvested for production to kick start. Currently the company engages about 180 employees at the farms and factory site.
8. The construction of two semi-detached bedrooms self contained at Aveyime-Battor for workers is currently being roofed.
9. Commissioned and handed over Ultra Modern ICT Lab and 1No 6 units Classroom Block respectively to Mepe St. Kizito SHT and Aveyime-Battor SHT.
10. Construction of Girl’s Dormitory Block for Aveyime-Battor Senior High Technical School.
11. Construction of Ultra Modern Court building and Magistrate Bungalow at Juapong.
12. Distribution of 228 school uniforms to 114 students of the Three Kings Special School at Battor. The students population made of 70 males and 44 females were each given two sets of uniforms. The headmistress, Madam Ophelia Kushigbor of the school received the uniforms on behalf of the students.
13. Construction of 6 units classroom block with ancillary facilities at Battor D/A Basic School .
14. Construction of Volta Railway Bridge across the River Volta
15. 1 No 3 units classroom block’s at Mepe Bishop Bowers
16. 1 No 6 units classroom block at Agorveme
17. 1 No 6 units classroom block at Zomayi
18. 1 No 3 units classroom block at Tornu
19. 1 No 3 units classroom block at Bukarikorpe
20. 1 No 3 units classroom blocks at Juapong Islamic School.
21. Ultra modern solar powered communications towers at Volo, Dorfor Londo and Workpe
22. Mechanised boreholes at Avegame, Tsidzenu, Aglobakpo, Boklotorwui
23. Office Complex for Business Advisory Centre
24. Ultra Modern Police Station at Volo
25. Completion of Fodzoku Police Station
26. Completion of Alabonu CHIPS compound
27. Completion of 6 units classroom block at Azagonorkorpe
28. Completion of 3 units classroom block at Melenu
29. Kpong Left Bank Irrigation project that has a command Area over 3500Ha
30. 1 No 6 units classroom block at Battor Senior High
31. No 6 units classroom block at Aveyime-Battor Senior High Technical School
32. 1 No 12 units storey classroom block at Battor Senior High
33. 1 No 12 units storey classroom block at Aveyime-Battor Senior High Technical
34. Gravelling and pavement of Battor Market
35. 7 No 10 units market sheds at Juapong Market
36. 1 No 12 seater water closet (WC) at Juapong Market
37. Over 40 communities connected to national grid
38. Award of contract for construction of three (3) major town roads at Battor, Aveyime and Mepe. The contractor is currently working on the drainage at Battor and Aveyime.
39. Extension of pipe borne water to Adudornu, Fakpoe, Dadome and its surrounding communities.
40. Construction of 6 units classroom block ancillary facilities at Kedzikope.
READ MORE: Full details on North Tongu DCE aspirants
41. Construction of Vome and Adidokpoe link roads and many others.
42. Construction of Mechanized borehole at Tsidzenu.
43. Construction of 6 units classroom block with ancillary facilities at Dorfo Agorveme.
44. Construction of Teachers Bungalow at Ayiwa