Parliament approves 6 Ministers presented to the house
The Parliament of Ghana has approved the Ministers presented to them by the Appointment Committee of Parliament.
Following the presentation of the report by the Appointment Committee in Parliament, the honorable Members of Parliament (MP) voted on Friday, 24th March, 2023 in accordance with Article 79(1) of the 1992 Constitution.
After seating for the vote, it turns out that three (3) MPs were absent from performing their duty.
It translates that only 272 MPs casted their votes out of the 275 MPs.
The said voting was necessary due to the vacant positions that were created by the resignation of some Ministers.
After the successful vote cast, the following are the recorded final outcomes:
Mohammed Amin Anta
Osei Bonsu Amoah
Stephen Amoah (Sticka)
The approved Ministers and their respective offices are as follows:
- Hon. K.T Hammond- Minister for Trade and Industry.
- Hon. Bryan Acheampong as Minister of Food and Agriculture.
- Mr. Stephen Asamoah Boateng as Minister of Religious Affairs and Chieftaincy.
- Hon. Mohammed Amin Adams as Minister of State at the Ministry of Finance.
- Mr. Osei Bonsu Amoah as Minister for Local Government and Rural Development.
- Hon. Stephen Amoah as Deputy Minister of Trade and Industry.