The Ghana Statistical service has released the results of the 2021 Population and Housing Census which was undertaken in all sixteen regions in the county.
According to the Service, Ghana’s total population from all the sixteen (16) regions in the country is 30.8 Million.
Below are the key points of the 2021 PHC
1. Ghana’s population figure from the 2021 PHC is 30.8 million.
2. The population has grown almost fivefold since the first post-independence census was conducted in 1960.
3. Ghana’s population is growing, but at a declining rate compared with previous censuses.
4. Females make up a greater proportion of the population in the 2021 PHC as has been the trend for the past four censuses. They outnumber males in 10 out of the 16 regions.
5. Greater Accra has overtaken Ashanti as the nation’s most populous region.
6. Ahafo has replaced Upper West as the nation’s least populous region.
7. Average household size, which has been on the decline since 2000, is 3.6 members.
8. Out of the 10.7 million structures listed, 20% were metal containers, kiosks, and wooden structures.
9. One out of every five of the structures listed was not fully completed.
10. The information on structure usage indicated six out of every 10 structures were for residential use.
The Ghana Statistical service also indicated that out of the total population of 30,792,608, there are 15,610,149 females and 15,182,459 males.
The percentage of females in the country is 50.7% as against the percentage of males which is 49.3%, giving a national sex ratio of 97 males for every 100 females.
Read the full document of Ghana’s Population as captured in the 2021 Population and Housing Census below.
MORE DETAILS SOON
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh