Information available to Coverghana indicates that some of the major roads in the Accra will be closed on Tuesday 15th September, 2020.
According to the Ghana Police Service, the road closures is neccesitated by the meeting of the heads of the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS which is scheduled to come of in Ghana at the Peduase Lodge on Tuesday 15th September, 2020.
The Ghana Police Service in a statement said;
Notice of Road Closure.
In connection with the ECOWAS Heads of State and Government meeting at the Peduase Lodge on Tuesday 15th September, 2020, the Police Service wishes
to inform the general public about temporary closures and diversion on the underlisted roads:
- The Kotoka International Airport to the Liberation Road at Opeibea.
- The airport bypass to Giffard road through to the liberation road.
- Kempinski hotel to National Theatre on the Independence avenue.
- The liberation road through to N4 to Peduase Lodge.
- The liberation road from 37 to Obasanjo street, Tang Palace Hotel
- The independence avenue to Ako-Agyei
The law enforcement agencies also urged all motorists to adhere to and plan alternative routes before embarking on their journey.