The Speaker of Parliamentary Rt. Hon. Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin has announced members of Parliamentary Service Board for the eighth (8th) Parliament of the 4th Republic.
The members as announced by the Speaker include current, former Members and leaders of the House. The political star and the General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) Johnson Asiedu-Nketiah has also been named as part of the members.
According to reports, the speaker of Parliament disclosed the name of the Parliamentary Service Board after the Special Advisory Committee presented its reports to him.
Membership of the Parliamentary Service Board
The Parliamentary Service Board is made up of;
1. Rt. Hon. Alban Sumana Kingsford Bagbin – Chairman
2. Hon. Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu, the Member of Parliament for Suame and Majority Leader – Member
3. Hon. Haruna Iddrisu, the Member of Parliament for Tamale South and the Minority Leader – Member
4. Mr. Abraham Aidoo, a former MP and former Majority Leader – Member
5. Mr. Johnson Asiedu Nketiah, also a former MP and the current General Secretary of NDC – Member.
Selection of Membership
The selection of the Parliamentary Service Board was done by Special Advisory Committee set up by the speaker in consultations with the House.
Reports reveals that, the Parliamentary Service Board is chaired by the Speaker of Parliament.
Role of the Parliamentary Service Board
The Parliamentary Service Board is responsible for governing the activities of the legislature.
The Speaker of Parliament on Monday, 29th March, 2021 has announced the membership to the House after a long period of discussions.