There are lot of teachers who face challenges with processing of upgrade from Senior Superitendent to Principal Superitendent (PS).
Many individuals struggle with the processes to be promoted from lower rank to higher ranks because, there are simple Information which they are not abreast with.
Below are guidelines outlined for HRs to verify or critically examine records of teachers to be sure that the applicants qualify before the applications are submitted to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR.
1. Some of the teachers have their upgrading to PS letters signed by a District/Municipal/Metro Director. The affected teachers should apply to the Regional Director for PS upgrading letter.
2. Teachers should attach their current pay-slips
3. Teachers who obtained Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) or Senior Superintendent II in 2014 can apply to PRINCIPAL SUPERINTENDENT in 2020 with their degree certificates
4. Example: A teacher has obtained degree certificate and has applied for Principal Superintendent letter
a. If you receive the application, please check the year he/she obtained the DBE
b. Note that some teachers obtained the DBE two (2) or three (3) years before their appointment.
In such instances use the effective date on the 1st appointment letter.
6. You should verify (crosscheck) the timelines on his/her records before you process applications for upgrading.
7. Please, if the teacher does not qualify with respect to the timelines (years) do not submit the application to the Regional Director
8. Tell them to wait to meet the conditions (timelines)
9. If you fail to tell them, you will be given them false-hope because they will be waiting for their upgrading letters which might not be processed.
10. They will be worrying you on a number of occasions (Phone calls etc). So do the right thing and be free.
11. If you check and the teacher qualifies, please, attach the following to the application before you submit to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR.
a. First appointment letter
b. Application letter from the teacher
c. Director’s recommendation letter (Cover Letter)
d. The Degree certificate (Certified)
e. Diploma in Basic Education Certificate (Certified)
f. WASSCE (Certified)
g. Transcript (Certified)
h. Brochure from the University
i. Current Pay-slip (Certified)
j. Personal Records form duly filled and signed by District Director
12. PLEASE, LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING SCENARIOS
a. A teacher completed DBE in 2015. He was appointed into GES on September, 2018. He obtained his degree in October, 2018. That teacher can apply for upgrading in 2023.
b. Mensah Stephen was promoted to Senior Superintendent 1 on September, 2016. He obtained B.Ed certificate in September, 2016. He has applied for upgrading to PS in February, 2020. Mensah should wait till 2022.
c. Joseph Marfo completed BSc Biological Science in March, 2000. He was appointed into GES in 2000. He is on Senior Superintendent I. Non Professional as at 2020. He is now applying for PS Non-Professional. He qualifies to be upgraded to PS but it’s long overdue.
According to his personal records forms he has not broken service. Please investigate such people very well before you process.
d. A teacher has applied for PS in July, 2020 with his degree certificate.
He did not attach DBE Certificate or SS ll or SS I letter. No appointment letter. In such situations it is difficult to determine whether he qualifies or not. Please do not submit incomplete applications or records to REGIONAL OFFICE
e. Grace Antwi was appointed into GES in May, 2011. She obtained her B.ED Certificate in May, 2013. District Director signed his PS letter effective 1/09/2014. She is on PS grade on her pay-slip. Grace should apply to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR for a new upgrading letter. If she fails to apply, she cannot be promoted again.
f. Kwaku Boateng was appointed in GES in January, 2011 with his WASSCE certificate. He obtained DBE in September, 2015. He was upgraded to SS II in September, 2016. He again obtained B.Ed Certificate in July, 2019. Boateng can apply for upgrading in 2022.
HRs, please verify or critically examine records of teachers to be sure that the applicants qualify before the applications are submitted to the REGIONAL DIRECTOR.