The Ministry of Communications and Digitization has announced the commencement of all Sim Cards registration on 1st October, 2021.
As part of the Ministry’s effort to ensure smooth and effective nationwide exercise, they have outlined things everyone must look out for when registering the Sim Cards.
The registration of Sim Cards is one of the fourteen (14) new mandatory uses of Ghana Card or ECOWAS Card published by management of the National Identification Authority (NIA).
This means that, in the coming days, persons who failed to register their Sim cards cannot have access to Telecommunication networks across the globe.
READ ALSO: How to easily register all your Sim cards
Below are list of things to look out for when registering your Sim Card
1. Dail *404# to register for the first stage. Make sure to type your name (s) as seen on the Ghana Card or ECOWAS Card.
2. On the Ghana Card, your personal Identification Number (PIN) starts with GHA. Example GHA-123456789-0
3. Do not include hyphens when typing your Ghana Card or ECOWAS Card PIN.
Example – GHA1234567890
4. Try *404# again, if it does not work the first time.
5. Dial *404# to check the status of your Sim Card registration and to access your unique code.
6. Make sure you have your Digital Address for the second stage of the registration.
Steps on how to register your Sim Cards
According to the Ministry of Communications and Digitization, to reregister a Sim card in Ghana, the holder of the Sim card must have a valid Ghana Card or ECOWAS Card to be able to register.
There are two stages to register your Sim cards. Stage one can be done without visiting any telecommunication providers’ office.
Here are the Steps to reregister your MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo and Glo sim cards in Ghana.
Step 1: Dial *404#
Step 2: Enter Ghana Card PIN (Enter Letters and figures without the hyphens)
Step 3: Confirm Ghana Card PIN
Step 4: Enter Surname
Step 5: Enter First name(s)
Step 6: Enter Date of Birth (DD/MM/YY)
Step 7: Select Sex
Step 8: Confirm details
Step 9: Submit details provided after confirmation
After successfully completing Stage One, you will need to visit any office of your telecommunications Network office in the country to complete Stage Two.
The stage two of reregistering your sim card is very simple, visit your Service Provider, agent or Customer Care with your Ghana Card to complete this stage of the registration.
1. If successful, you will get a confirmation message with a unique code.
2. If unsuccessful due to wrong details, you will have 3 attempts to answer security questions.
3. If unsuccessful due to verification failure, you will be informed to contact the NIA.
You are encouraged to register your card to stay connected with internet across the globe.
For more information, call: 100 on all Networks or NCA on 0800110622