1. COVID-19 free water intervention extended for another 3 months and free
electricity for all life-line consumers also extended until end of 2020.
2. Sod cutting performed by President Akufo-Addo to commence construction of
€70m Eastern Regional Hospital in Koforidua with bed capacity of 600 when fully completed.
3. 76 ‘1DIF’ factories currently operational with 232 at various stages of implementation; GH¢ 210.03 million support also provided to existing factories to expand
ALSO READ:Prof. Opoku-Agyemang condemns lynching of a 90-year-old-woman; Says old age can’t be synonymous to witchcraft
4. Communications Service Tax (CST) reduced from 9% to 5% for the next 6 months to give further relief to consumers
Recruitment of teachers who completed Colleges of Education nationwide between
2017 and 2018 begins.
5. 50,000 PCR test kits procured.
6. 15 million seedlings of cashew, coffee, coconut, and oil palm distributed to farmers under the Planting for Export and Rural Development programme.
7. Ghana’s first ever Railway University built at Essikado, W/R by government ready to take students for technical training
and degree programmes.
ALSO READ:“What is the criteria used by Government to assess those requiring support” – Hon. Sam Okudzeto Ablakwah asks
8. Over 2.74 million cooked and dry food packs provided to vulnerable persons in Accra and Kumasi as well as GH¢50.2
million transferred to 400,000 LEAP beneficiaries during the lockdown period.
9. Planting for food and jobs subsidized fertilizer programme saves farmers
GHC1.8billion since 2017 through
10. Right to Information (RTI) Secretariat commissioned to help monitor and coordinate implementation of RTI law
across the public sector.