President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s nominee for the Akatsi North District Assembly Hon. Ofosu Simon Peter has been approved by Assembly Members.
Ofosu Simon Peter has been approved as the New District Chief Executive (DCE) of the Akatsi North District by the Assembly members on Wednesday, 2nd February, 2022 at the Akatsi North District Assembly Hall after two other nominees were rejected by the Assembly Members.
Out of the total of eighteen (18) Assembly Members present, thirteen (13) voted YES, four (4) votes NO with one rejected ballot making him fully confirmed and sworn into office.
On 17th January, 2022, the office of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has nominated Mr. Ofosu Simon Peter as the District Chief Executive for the Akatsi North District Assembly in the Volta Region.
According to a letter addressed to the Akatsi North District Coordinating Director by the Volta Regional Minister Dr. Yao Archibald Letsa in confirmation of the nomination said, Mr. Ofosu Simon Peter’s nomination was in accordance with Article 243(1) of the 1992 Constitution and Section 20 of the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936) (as amended).
Mr. Ofosu Simon Peter’s nomination came after Assembly Members of the Akatsi North District Assembly rejected two different nominees thus Mr. Prosper Patu and Mr. Paul Ayrah of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for the office of the Akatsi North DCE.
Mr. Prosper Patu, was rejected on two different occasions likewise Mr. Paul Ayrah.
Profile of Ofosu Simon Peter, DCE nominee for Akatsi North District
President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s nominee for the Akatsi North District Assembly Mr. Ofosu Simon Kofi Peter popularly known as Adeladza is a native of Akatsi North District and a teacher by profession.
JOB PROFILE OF MR. OFOSU SIMON PETER
South Tongu Education Directorate
Prior to the appointment of Mr. Ofosu Simon Peter, he serves as the District Training Officer for the South Tongu District Education Directorate. He was the District Statistics Officer and a Circuit Supervisor now known as School Improvement Support Officer (SISO).
DABALA SECONDARY TECHNICAL SCHOOL, DABALA
At Dabala Senior High Technical School, Mr. Ofosu Simon Peter taught as a Subject Teacher and served also as the Head of School Health Committee.
ST. MICHAEL’S SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, AKOASE – NKAWKAW
He was a Subject Teacher, House Master and a member of Disciplinary Committee of the St. Michael Senior High School, Akoase Nkawkaw.
AVE SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL, AVE – DAKPA
He also did Voluntary Teaching Ave Senior Secondary School, Ave – Dakpa.
Besides, he was also privileged to have worked with a couple of NGOs (UNICEF, JICA, USAid, Right to Play, Wosornu Foundation, etc.) as District Project Leader within the Ghana Education Service.
1. M.Phil Development Studies, MA Human Resource Management & Post Graduate Diploma in Education – University of Cape Coast
2. BA Psychology/Philosophy – University of Ghana, Legon
3. SSSCE – Three-Town SSS, Denu
4. BECE – Ave – Havi JSS
1. 2020 Parliamentary Candidate, Akatsi North Constituency
2. Co-chair, 2020 Campaign team, Akatsi North Constituency
3. Research and Election Officer, Akatsi North Constituency
4. Patron, Vibrant Group, Akatsi North Constituency
5. 2016 Campaign Team member, Akatsi North Constituency
6. TESCON Hall Rep. Commonwealth Hall, University of Ghana, Legon
1. Zonal Secretary – National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT), South Tongu
2. President – Ghana Red Cross Society, UG – Legon
3. President – Old Students Association of Three-Town Secondary School, UG -Legon Chapter
4. General Secretary – University of Ghana Association of Psychology Students (UNIGAPS)
5. Organizer – Ave Students Association (AVESA)