Colleges of Education Portal for 2022 Admission
Admission into the Forty-six (46) Accredited Public Colleges of Education in Ghana has been opened.
Management of PRINCOF in collaboration with Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) have opened the 2022 Admission Portal for qualified applicants to apply into any of the 46 Colleges of Education.
With this, applications are invited from qualified graduates for admission to the NEW FOUR YEAR BACHELOR OF EDUCATION (B.Ed) DEGREE PROGRAMME for the 2022/2023 academic year.
WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme is as follows:
COLLEGES OF EDUCATION UNDER KNUST: Colleges of Education affiliated to Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6) subjects comprising three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
COLLEGES OF EDUCATION UNDER UEW: Colleges of Education affiliated to University of Education, Winneba (UEW)
CANDIDATES AWAITING RESULTS
Candidates who are yet to write either the 2022 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level Applicants
have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better), have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subjects (for Science students).
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants
have passed in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including the English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
COLLEGES OF EDUCATION UNDER UDS: Colleges of Education affiliated to University for Development Studies (UDS)
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
Possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX
Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
Have NABPTEX Certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics. Posses a National Certificate II qualification in Competency-Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET.
COLLEGES OF EDUCATION UNDER UG: Colleges of Education affiliated to University of Ghana (UG)
Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION PROGRAMMES ON OFFER
1. B.Ed. Early Grade Education
2. B.Ed. Primary Education
3. B.Ed. Junior High School Education
Entry requirements for Special Needs Applicants
COLLEGES OF EDUCATION UNDER UCC: List of Colleges of Education affiliated to University of Cape Coast (UCC)
SPECIAL NEEDS APPLICANTS
Study facilities are available at:
1. N.J. Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA
2. Wesley College of Education, KUMASI, and
3. Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
TVET COLLEGES OF EDUCATION: Colleges of Education offering Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
SPECIAL NEEDS APPLICANTS
HEARING IMPAIRED Study facilities are available at:
Presbyterian College of Education, AKROPONG
Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit Passes (A1-C6) in Two (2) CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
Applicants with SSSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Two (2) CORE subjects including English Language and Social Studies and Three (3) relevant elective subjects.
Applicants with WASSCE results should have Credit (A1-C6) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
Applicants with WASSCE results should have Passes (A-D) in Three (3) CORE subjects including English Language and Mathematics and Three (3) relevant Elective subjects.
FULL LIST COLLEGES OF EDUCATION AND PROGRAMME: Full list of Colleges of Education, Programmes of study and affiliated universities
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
1. Applicants will first make a payment of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GH¢200.00) into the Colleges of Education – Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
i. Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
ii. Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallets: Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialling short code *924*8# from all networks.
Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
iii. Personal Identification Number (PIN).
iv. An Admission Application Serial Number.
v. The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
vi. With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education
VISIT the admission website at admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill out the online application form.
Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING
1. Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
2. Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
3. After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to;
The Principal of the applicant’s first College of choice.
4. Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing the form online.
5. Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
6. Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process.
7. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
NB: Applicants should note that each of the forty-six (46) public Colleges of Education is affiliated with the under listed public Universities and certificates would be awarded to students who successfully complete their course of study by the affiliate University.