Court directs GNAT District Secretaries to proceed on transfer: Full Transfer List
A High Court has refused application from twelve (12) GNAT District Secretaries seeking to restrain the Association from reposting them.
If you recall, on 6th December, 2022, management of the Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) has reposted some District Secretaries across the country.
Following the reposting, twelve (12) of the affected District Secretaries sued the Association at the High Court, Industrial and Labour Division, Accra, praying for: a declaration that, the postings and reposting made by the General Secretary of the Association are null and void and of no effect since they violate the Constitution of GNAT among other three reliefs.
Pending the resolution of the matter, they applied and obtained an interim injunction order from the Court on 30th January, 2023, restraining GNAT from effecting the reposting.
The order was to last for ten (10) days. They later applied to the Court on 8th of February, 2023 for order restraining GNAT from effecting the reposting until the final determination of the case.
In a letter signed by the General Secretary of GNAT, Thomas Tanko Musah confirmed that, the Court on Tuesday, 28th March, 2023 refused to grant the order being sought by the twelve (12) District Secretaries to stop/restrain the GNAT from reposting them. They are therefore to proceed to their reposted (new) stations.
Also, Management is by this said ruling by the Court, asking all Regional/District Secretaries to ensure that the outstanding reposting and Handing overs are completed by close of day Thursday, 30th March, 2023.
READ MORE: Massive reshuffle hits GNAT offices – Check your new District, Regional and HQ Staff and Secretaries
List of 12 District Secretaries directed by the Court to proceed on GNAT transfers.
The following are GNAT District Secretaries who took the Association to Court. The Court has subsequently refused their reliefs and directed them to comply with the Association’s transfer.
1. Charles Ewusi Forson
2. Rev. Patrick Obeng Tuffour
3. Mac Jarvis Kutor
4. Christian Gbeve
5. Nyaaba Lydia Nadiatu
6. Julius Kpodo
7. Kennedy Amoateng
8. Justice Acquah
9. Iddrisu Issifu
10. Samuel Davies Yeboah
11. Timothy Dugbatey
12. Napoleon-Bonaparte Afenyo
READ MORE: Some facts about GNAT Teachers Fund
Full List of GNAT Reposting for District and Regional Executives
1. Mr Samuel Mawuena Cody from Volta Region to GNAT HQ as Head of Youth Desk
2. Mr Cosmos Ennu Kwaw as Regional Secretary at GNAT HQ
3. Ms Elsie Ashun as Regional Secretary at GNAT HQ
4. Ms Lydia Adeetuk as Regional Secretary at Abankro
5. Mr Felix Owusu Ansah Regional Secretary at Upper West
6. Mr Daniel Kweku Atakora Regional Secretary at Ashanti Region
7. Ms Richardah Tano Appiah as Head of HR at GNAT HQ
8. Mr Kassim Seidu Baba Regional Secretary at Volta Region
9. Mr Le-Roy Levi Mc Nara Regional Secretary at Northern Region
10. Vic Hommey from South Tongu to AES, Central Region
11. Jarvis Kutor from Hohoe to West Akim, Eastern Region
12. Gbeve Christian Yao from Jasikan to Adansi East, Ashanti Region
13. Badu Samuel Asem from Sefwi Wiawso to Accra Metro East
14. Napoleon Bonaparte from GNAT HQ to Madina Abokobi
15. Asinyo from Ada to Accra Metro West
16. Nasiru Adamu from Madina Abokobi to Ga
17. Dugbatey Timothy from Accra Metro East to Sefwi Wiawso
18. Agyen Frimpong from Sekyere East to Kumasi Metro A
19. Jane Asare Dartey from Ahafo Ano South to Amansie East
20. Rev Patrick Tuffour Obeng from Adansi East to Suhum Kraboa Coaltar
21. Justice Acquah from Kumasi Metro A to Dormaa, B/A
22. Amoteng Kennedy from Afigya Sekyere to South Tongu, Volta Region
23. Iddrisu Issifu from Atwima to Zabzugu Tatale
24. Sanni Ishaq from BAK to Kwabre
25. Forson from Kwabre to AOB, Central Region
26. Ernest K. Tettey Odoom from Zabzugu Tatale to Ahafo Ano South
27. Isaac Ayertey Adjoka from Saboba Cheriponi to Asunafo, B/A
28. Evelyn Maakpe from Dormaa to Asante Akim North
29. Kofi Lotsu from Tain to Sunyani
30. Sampson Obo from Tano to Agona, Central Region
31. Samuel Sarfo Antwi from Asunafo to Tain
32. Samuel Yeboah Davis from Berekum to Jasikan
33. Mintah Theophilus from Suhum Kraboa Coaltar to Kumasi Metro B
34. Obeng Koranteng from Asuogyaman to Kwahu North
35. Emmanuel Badu Yeboah from Kwahu North to Asuogyaman
36. Saviour Torsu from West Akim to AEE, Central Region
37. Mohammed Umaru from Wa West to Afigya Sekyere
38. Nyabaa Lydia from Upper Denkyira to Ahanta West, Western
39. Fiifi Graham Benjamin from KEEA to Upper Denkyira
40. Louis Yaw Mensah from Agona to Tano, B/A
41. Julius Kpodo from AES to KEEA
42. Hilda Afful from AOB to Gomoa
READ MORE: Highlights of 24 decisions made by GNAT National Council for Teachers 2022
Newly Recruited GNAT District Staff
1. Shadrach Nyansah – Wa West
2. Joseph Asante Baidoo – Saboba Cheriponi
3. Mercy Agblah Nuerki – Akuapem North
4. Maxwell Owusu – BAK
5. David Adu Bosompem -Savelugu Nanton
6. Linda Twumasi – Berekum
7. Asare Isaac Kweku – North Tongu
8. Gloria Osei Baffoe – Atwima
9. Cherubim Tsogbe – Birim South
10. Jerfery Asempah – Ada
11. Thomas Akwasi Amponsah – Sekyere East
12. Kaletsi Godwin Kofi – Hohoe.
REMEMBER THAT ALL THESE PEOPLE QUALIFY FOR TnT AND TRANSFER GRANTS
READ MORE: New Board of Trustees sworn-in for the GNAT Provident Fund