The Ministry of Education (MoE) has released list of Directorates under it.
According to the Office of the Minister of Education, there are nine (9) Directorates operating under the Ministry of Education.
DIRECTORATES UNDER MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
1. General Administration
2. Human Resources
6. Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring and Evaluation (PBME)
7. Statistics, Research & Information Management (SRIM)
8. Internal Audit
The Ministry of Education (MoE) was established in 1957 to formulate and coordinate education policies, set standards, and monitor and evaluate their implementation.
The MoE works to ensure that quality education is accessible for all Ghanaians, in order to support human capital and national development.
The MoE is committed to ensuring that all Ghanaians are prepared to succeed in the world of work.
It achieves this through the development of an educational system that focuses on promoting problem solving and creativity and building critical skills through academic, technical and vocational programs.
The MoE also;
• Initiates, review and advise government policies and plans for the sector.
• Undertake such research as may be necessary for the effective implementation of the government policies.
• Evaluates, monitor and co-ordinate the implementation of sector policies and strategies by the state and non-state actors in education.
• Set standards and provide strategic direction for delivery of quality and accessible education in the country.
• Mobilizes and allocate resources for service delivery from the local and international partners.
• Provide the framework for the development and management of the human resources for the educational sector.
• Provides the framework for the effective and efficient procurement, distribution, management and use of the sector goods, works and services.
• Makes proposals for the review and enactment of the sector’s legislation.
• Promotes adult education and the acquisition of technical and vocational skills.
Establishes an effective system for database management for the sector.
VISION OF MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Building a highly educated and skilled nation where every Ghanaian can achieve their potential.
MISSION OF MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
The Ministry of Education exists to ensure quality and accessible education for all. Through the formulation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of policies with motivated staff and appropriate systems, Ghana’s education system will meet the needs of the labor market, improve human development and increase integration.