The Electoral Commission of Ghana under the leadership of Mrs. Jean Mensa has announced the Member of the Council of State elect.
The results declared by the Commission shows that the election successfully took place in 15 regions out of the 16 regions in the country.
Below are the Members of Council of State elect during the election which took place on 12th February, 2021.
- Western Region — Tie
- Central Region — Odeefuo Afankwa III (Emmanuel baidoo)
- Greater Accra Region — Enoch Teye Mensah
- Volta Region — Francis Albert Seth Nyonyo
- Eastern Region — Paa Kofi Ansong
- Ashanti Region — Nana Owusu Breampong
- Western North Region — Katakyie Kwasi Bumagama
- Ahafo Region — Yaw Basoa
- Bono Region — Kodwo Agyenim-Boateng
- Bono East Region — Injunction
- Oti Region — Richard Kigns Atikpo
- Northern Region — Mahamoud Tahiru Zunglana
- North East Region — Azumah Namoro Sanda
- Savannah Region — Adams Zakaria
- Upper East Region — Mosore Kugbilsong
- Upper West Region — Daniel Anlieu-Mwine Baga
However, the election for a Member of Council of State for the Bono East Region was not held because of a Court injunction.
There was also no person declared winner of the council of State election in the Western Region because there was a tie between the two candidates.
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh