The Embassy of the Republic of Ghana in Washington, D.C. is Ghana’s diplomatic Mission which oversees Ghana-United States bilateral relations, that dates back to 1957. The Chancery was established in 1987 and has concurrent accreditation to Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Micronesia and Belize.
The Embassy is seeking a qualified person to occupy the position of Telephonist/Communications Officer to offer excellent customer service to our clients – Ghanaians, foreign nationals, development partners and potential investors.
The Embassy also seek someone who is professional and has a friendly attitude with the ability to multitask across assignments.
The Telephonist/Communications Officer would be responsible for the following:
1. Answering and managing the telephone system.
2. Forwarding calls to appropriate offices.
3. Contacting employees regarding office meetings, taking messages, sorting and distributing mail and
4. Responding to emails from clients.
Additional ad hoc duties will be assigned as needed.
1. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
3. Prior experience as a receptionist or in a related field.
4. Consistent, professional conduct.
5. Display excellent customer service skills and maintain good judgement.
6. Good time management skills and consistent team player approach.
7. Experience in administrative and clerical procedures.
8. Must have appropriate legal residence status with work authorization from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, send an application letter with a resume to email@example.com
All applications must be sent to the above email not later than 22nd November, 2021.