GES Regional and District Repostings/Transfers 2023
Management of Ghana Education Service (GES) has commenced its Inter-Regional and Inter/Intra District repostings.
The Service has notified all Regional/Metropolitan/Municipal/District Directors about the commencement of this year’s Inter-Regional and Inter/Intra District repostings.
START DATE: ISSUANCE OF ASSURANCE LETTERS
The issuance of Assurance letters will take effect from 17th May, 2023.
DEADLINE FOR ISSUANCE OF ASSURANCE LETTERS
The deadline for the issuance of assurance letters is 19th June, 2023.
PROCESSING DATE FOR
INTER-REGIONAL POSTING APPLICATION
The processing date for Inter-Regional reposting applications to the Headquarters commences on 5th July, 2023, to take effect from the beginning of the next academic year (September, 2023).
GES has instructed the AG. Deputy Director-General, MS and the Deputy Director-General, Q & A to compile and forward to the GES Headquarters a list of all staff who have been given assurance in their respective Region.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION RECEIVING
The release stated that all completed applications should be forwarded to the GES Headquarters latest by 31st July 2023. Be informed that documents received after the stated date would not be accepted.
Furthermore, GES explained that a staff seeking reposting can only be released after the Director-General has approved and issued a reposting letter to the applicant.
The process for G. E. S staff seeking assurance remains unchanged. (Please find attached the procedure and appropriate document required.
INTER-REGIONAL REPOSTING FOR 2023/2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
An Applicant seeks for an Assurance from their Region of choice through their Metro/Municipal/District Directors of Education.
• After securing the assurance letter, the applicant then applies for Release from his/her current Metro/Municipal/District Education Office.
• The Metro/Municipal/District Director writes a covering letter after the applicant has completed an inter-regional transfer form and attached all necessary documents (Eg. Current Payslip, Assurance Letter, Certificates, Bank Clearance, etc).
The Metro/Municipal/District Director forwards the applicant’s documents to the Regional Education Office for onward submission to the Director-General for final approval.
After the Director-General’s approval is given, the Regional Director issues a release letter to the applicant to complete the reposting process.
NOTE: A teacher seeking Inter-Regional reposting can only be released by the Regional Director after the Director-General has given final approval to the applicant.
INTER DISTRICT REPOSTING FOR 2023/2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
An Applicant seeks for an Assurance of Vacancy from a preferred Metro/Municipal/District within the Region.
• After securing the assurance letter, the applicant applies for Release from his/her current Metro/Municipal/District by attaching all necessary documents (E.g. Current Payslip, Assurance Letter, Certificates, Bank Clearance, etc.).
• The Metro/Municipal/District Director then recommends the applicant’s Release to the Regional Director.
• The Metro/Municipal/District Director forwards the applicant’s documents to the Regional Education Office for the Regional Director to give final approval.
After the final approval is given, the current Metro/Municipal/District Director and Head of Basic/SHS are informed accordingly.
Note: A teacher seeking Inter District reposting can only be released when the Regional Director has given the final approval letter.
INTRA DISTRICT REPOSTING FOR 2023/2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
An Applicant writes to the Metro/Municipal/District Director and attaches his/her current payslip, personal record form, certificates, bank clearance, etc. indicating his/her willingness to move from his/her current school to another school within the Metro/Municipal/District.
The Metro/Municipal/District Director gives the final approval when the applicant meets all the requirements.