The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT) invites applications from suitably
qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good leadership
qualities and enthusiasm for appointment to the position of DEPUTY GENERAL SECRETARY- EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL
DEVELOPMENT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Analysis of National Education policies and programmes and advises
2. Coordinates Professional Development Programmes with International
Partners and others for the membership.
3. Development of Teachers Resources Centres and GNAT Library Services.
4. Collaborates with Universities/Research Institutes, Teachers Education
Division and Colleges of Education in designing pre-service programmes.
5. Supports Book Development Projects and Writers Clubs
Represents the Association on examination bodies such as the Institute
of Education, University of Cape Coast.
6. Coordinates publication of the Teachers Journal.
7. Collaborates with the Teacher Education Division to organize continuous
Professional Education courses for members.
- Age should not be below 45 and not above 55, by 31 3uly, 2021.
2. Professional Teacher with a minimum of First Degree from a recognized
University, but a Higher Qualification would be an advantage.
3. Candidate should appreciate the dynamics in a large Trade Union work
environment and respond accordingly.
4. Candidate should be conversant with National Education Programmes and Polices.
5. A working knowledge in basic Computer applications in word and Excel
6. Candidate must be a paid-up member of the Ghana National Association
of Teachers (GNAT).
7. Candidate must be, at least, an Assistant Director I in the Ghana Education Service (GES), with at least, 4 years, experience on the grade, or at least, a Regional Secretary
with 4 years experience in the position, by 31st July, 2021.
- A high sense of integrity is demanded.
- Candidate should be responsive to information needs of management
Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidate should be an effective team-builder and player.
VISTON AND MISSION
Candidate should provide his/her vision and mission statement for Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT).
LEVEL OF RESPONSIEILITY
Reports to the General Secretary
This is a management position and compensation is negotiable within the Ghana
Universal Salary Structure (GUSS) framework.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualified candidates should submit an application letter together with Curriculum
Vitae with two (2) recent passport-size photographs, two letters of recommendation,
photocopies of relevant certificate(s), photocopy of last pay slip, Birth Certificate,
SSNIT Statement and two (2) self-addressed envelopes should be forwarded to the
address below not later than May 28, 2021:
THE MANAGING CONSULTANT
GIMPA CONSULTANCY & INNOVATION DIRECTORATE P.O. B0X AH 50,
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.