The Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) has officially commenced the 2021 Population and Housing Census across the country.
The exercise which begins today, Monday, 14th June, 2021 will involve chalking of structures and listing of households across all the two hundred and seventy-two (272) Statistical Districts Nationwide.
According to Dr. Peter Takyi Peprah, the Director of Field Operations for the 2021 Population and Housing Census, the actual chalking and listing starts on Monday, 14th June, 2021.
With this, Supervisors and Enumerators and instructed to take note of the following;
1. For type 1 and 2 Enumeration Areas (EAs), Enumerators are to chalk the first 10 structures and complete the Listing Form for these structures on the first day of listing (Section 8.2.8, 2021 PHC FOM).
2. In type 3 Enumeration Areas (EAs), listing has to be done for the individual localities one after the other. The enumerators will have to chalk the first 10 structures and complete the Listing Form for these structures on the first day of listing in the first locality (Base locality) (Section 8.2.8, 2021 PHC FOM).
3. Supervisors must identify their enumerators and ask them to transfer (via Bluetooth) their data collected from the field on the first ten (10) structures
4. Supervisors should send data via internet connection either Hotspot, WIFI, or mobile data SIM to HQ, immediately they receive the field data on day 1
5. Enumerators should continue to chalk from the 11th structure until all structures are assigned numbers in the EA (Section 8.2.8, 2021 PHC FOM).
6. Supervisors should sync with HQ at the end of each day. No Sync… No Sleep
Meanwhile, the general public is adviced to cooperate with the field officers for smooth and effective exercise.