• Samuel Nartey George announced Membership of Private Member’s Bill against LGBTQI.
• The Membership asked the public to submit an open memorandum on the Bill.
The membership of the Private Member’s Bill Committee responsible for a bill to tackle the practice of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Intersex (LGBTQI) Right movement in Ghana has been announced.
The full Members of the Committee was announced by the Nimgo Prampram Member of Parliament Mr. Samuel Nartey George (Sam George), who is also a member of the committee.
Sam George, who felt very proud of the work done by the 8-member committee made up of Members of Parliament with whom the Draft Bill for the Promotion of Proper Human Sexual Rights and Ghanaian Family Values was worked on said, at a time when some may choose convenience and the alluring offers been made, these men and women have given true essence to the title the offices they hold bear. They have stood up for what is right, just and noble.
He believes that, “You have every right to disagree with our Bill. We can live and tolerate your disagreement. However, let your disagreement be based in law, fact and science. Not your emotions or thoughts. We are open for anyone who has a memorandum on the Bill to submit same to the Parliamentary Committee when it calls for same. We are ready to debate the issues with anyone or group so long as it is based in law. We are Legislators.”
Mr. Sam George added that, “To those asking the essence of having a Bill, what is the value of plenty talk and promises if you are not interested in giving life to your words. Or are they empty words that do not portray the intents of your hearts. Let’s put our money where our mouth is.”
“I am so proud of my Colleagues and the overwhelming majority of Ghanaians who have stood with us so far. We shall succeed. We shall be victorious.” He said.
Find attached, full list of the Members.
1. Hon. Bedzrah Emma Kwasi, Member of Parliament for Ho West Constituency, and Chairman for Volta Region MPs Caucus.
2. Hon. Helen Adwoa Ntoso, Member of Parliament for Krachi West Constituency and Former Volta Regional Minister.
3. Hon. John Ntim Fordjour Assin South and Deputy Minister of Education.
4. Hon. Alhassan Suhuyini, Member of Parliament for Tamale North Constituency.
5. Hon. Rita Naa Odoley Sowah, Member of Parliament for La Dade Kotopon Constituency.
6. Hon. Dafeamekpor Etse Rockson Nelson, Member of Parliament for South Dayi Constituency.
7. Hon. Della Sowah, Member of Parliament for Kpando Constituency.
8. Hon. Samuel Nartey George, Member of Parliament for Ningo Prampram Constituency.
The Draft Bill is yet to be submitted to the 8th Parliament of the 4th Republic of Ghana to be passed.