A section of Ghanaians are calling for dismissal of some top Ministers and Appointees of President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s government for failing to show good leadership in handling a Chinese national, Aisha Huang’s return to the country and her illegal mining activities Saga.
Aisha Huang aka Ruixia, the popular “Galamsey Queen” who was first arrested in May 2017 and subsequently deported from Ghana on 19th December, 2018 following her illegal mining (Galamsey) has been re-arrested in Ghana.
Reports confirmed that, Aisha Huang was re-arrested with three others for illegal mining activities.
She entered Ghana through Togo and got her Non-Citizen card (Ghana Card) issued to her on 27th February 2022 by National Identification Authority (NIA) as indicated on the card, even though, the NIA said, her renewed Non-Citizen Ghana Card was rather issued to her on 25th August 2022, bearing the old details.
On Aisha Huang’s Ghana Card, she has reportedly changed her first name from ‘Aisha’ to ‘En’.
Details on Aisha Huang’s Ghana Card show that her new first name is ‘En’.
According to the prosecution, the suspect applied for a Togo visa and went through the borders into Ghana and back to the galamsey business in a town in the Ashanti Region.
Aisha Huang was charged for the following offences:
1. Undertaking small scale mining operations contrary to the Minerals Act.
2. Providing mining support without service without valid registration.
3. Illegal employment of foreign nationals.
4. Mining without a license.
5. Engaging in the sale and purchase of minerals without valid license.
Aisha Huang was remanded in Police custody to reappear on 14th September, 2022 together with 3 other Chinese Nationals.
That notwithstanding, Ghanaians believe that, there is a need for President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to terminate the contract/appointment of some Senior Ministers and Appointees who failed to do due diligent on the subject matter.
The Executive Director of the Alliance for Social Equity and Public Accountability (ASEPA), Mensah Thompson speaking on Metro TV asked President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to ensure that, some top six (6) government officials are dismissed from active leadership.
According to him, the officials have failed to protect the country and its natural resources thereby allowing a Chinese deportee Aisha Huang to return to the country to continue with her illegal mining activities.
Below are the list of appointees Ghanaians want Akufo-Addo to sack in connection with Aisha Huang’s Saga.
1. Minister for Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration Hon. Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey – Ghanaians called on President Akufo-Addo to sack the Minister because, she has failed to put proper measures in place to strengthen International Relations in order for Embassies to constantly check and prevent deportees from entering the country.
2. Minister for Interior Hon. Ambrose Dery – Ghanaians expert President Akufo-Addo to dismiss Hon. Ambrose Dery for his inability to ensure proper security system in collaboration with other security agencies thereby allowing Aisha Huang into the country.
3. National Security Minister Hon. Albert Kan-Dapaah – According to a cross section of Ghanaians, they want President Akufo-Addo to sack the National Security Minister for failing to collaborate with other key stakeholders to ensure effective protection and ensuring maximum security at the Country’s boarders.
4. National Identification Authority (NIA) Executive Secretary, Professor Kenneth Agyemang Attafuah – Ghanaians want NIA boss to be sacked for issuing Ghana Card to a Chinese National deportee Aisha Huang who illegally returned to the country.
5. Minister for Land and Natural Resources Hon. Samuel A. Jinapor – Ghanaians want the Minister sacked for his failure to fight illegal mining activities (Galamsey) in the country.
6. Controller General of the Ghana Immigration Service, Lawyer Kwame Ansuah Takyi – Ghanaians direct President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to dismiss him for his failure to ensure maximum protection of the boarders of Ghana thereby making Aisha Huang to illegally return into the country.