Some incumbent members of parliament of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) will not have the opportunity to represent their constituents in the upcoming 2024 election.
These MPs lost their bids in the party’s internal elections held on Saturday, May 13, 2023, ahead of the 2024 general election.
Three-time MP for the Sagnerigu constituency, ABA Fuseini, lost to Attah Issah.
Former Minister for Power and Member of Parliament for Pru East, Kwabena Donkor, also lost to Lord Kwaku Boam.
The parliamentary primaries were held in 212 constituencies, with 16 put on hold and 47 unopposed.
After the elections for NDC primaries, some old members were maintained whilst new members where officially elected to start work.
These are some members of parliament who lost their seat to the new entrants.
1. Alex Adomako (Sekyere Afram Plains),
2. Edward Bawa (Bongo),
3. Wisdom Gidisu (Krachie East),
4. Alhaji ABA Fuseini (Sanarigu),
5. Abeiku Crentsil (Ekumfi),
6. Dela Sowah (Kpando),
7. Dr Kwabena Donkor (Pru East),
8. Angela Alorwu (Afadzato South),
9. Kobena Mensah Woyome (South Tongu),
10. Thomas Addah Dalu (China/Paga),
11. Albert Akuka (Garu),
12. Sampson Tangombu Chiragia (Navrongo Central),
13. Augustine Tawiah (Bia West),
14. Peter Yaw Kwakye (Amenfi Central),
15. Christian Otuteye (Sege),
16. Sophia Ackuaku (Obom Domeabra/Ayawaso Central).