The Ghana Education Service (GES) has deleted its ‘Posting and Recruitment‘ tab on its recruitment portal as it readies itself for the 2021 recruitment.
In this article we will give you all the updates about the 2021 edition of the Ghana Education Service recruitment. Thus;
- Criteria for consideration for recruitment
- Requirement for GES posting and recruitment
- Key things to note in your application for recruitment
- How to purchase the GES e-voucher to begin the recruitment process
- Application procedures for recruitment
- How to edit GES application form online after submission
- How to download GES appointment letter
- What to do after receiving GES appointment letter
- Documents required at GES Regional Office after recruitment
- Documents required during Biometric registration
- Date for GES recruitment
- Deadline for GES recruitment
CRITERIAL FOR CONSIDERATION FOR RECRUITMENT
To be eligible for recruitment for the 2021 GES recruitment, one must have;
- Completed any Tertiary Educational Institution in Ghana without any outstanding referral
- Completed the mandatory National Service
- Passed the Ghana Teacher Licensure Exams
- Available to work where your services are needed
REQUIREMENT FOR GES POSTING AND RECRUITMENT
The following documents will be required for the posting and recruitment of personnel who wishes to work for the GES.
- Your Birth Certificate
- Your Senior High School Certificate
- You Junior High School certificate
- Your SSNIT / Tin number
- Your Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination certificate
KEY THINGS TO NOTE IN YOUR APPLICATION FOR RECRUITMENT
There are technicalities in the application process for GES recruitment.
Sometimes petty errors will disqualify one from being shortlisted although he/she possess the requisite documents.
OUTLINED BELOW ARE FEW OF SUCH ERRORS TO TAKE NOTE OF.
- Bio Data must be carefully filled without making any errors.
- Your name
- NSS Number,
- College Index Number/University Index Number
- GTLE Index Number
- SSNIT Number
- Please I will advise you not to use your mobile phone to apply. Visit any nearest Internet Café to do so where there is a scanner.
- All Certificates must be scanned and not snapped with your phones before uploading them.
- Make sure your sign on your GTLE Certificate where it is displayed holders signature at the bottom of your passport picture of your Certificate.
- You will have ample time for the 2021 GES recruitment as the portal will be opened for a reasonable number of days so please do not rush. Get someone to guide you if you don’t understand anything.
- The Course you offered is for example, Diploma in Basic Education, Major – General/ Science and Maths/ Early Childhood Minor – Your Elective
- Don’t do double registration. If you are applying and due to some circumstances you can’t continue again you will be given a code (application form code) that you will use to login to continue when you visit the site again.
- Things you must make available before going to the Café to apply for the GES have been outline in this article. Don’t forget to get these items along;
- SSNIT Number
- NSS Number
- GTLE Index Number
- College Index Number and school Registration Number in the case of University graduates
- Your residential address
HOW TO PURCHASE THE GES E-VOUCHER TO BEGIN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Application for GES recruitment requires one to make a onetime payment of GH¢10 to begin the registration process. Follow the steps outline below to purchase the e-voucher and begin the registration.
- Visit GES Promotion Portal via https://gespromotions.gov.gh
- Click on Buy e-voucher Card
- Fill in the appropriate details and confirm the payment on your mobile device.
- The e-voucher code will be sent to your email address used and your phone number as text message.
- Proceed to the Posting login page and enter your Staff ID, Index Number or NSS Number and enter the e-voucher code you received on your mobile device.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR RECRUITMENT
Once you visit the official recruitment portal of GES via www.gespromotions.gov.gh, click ‘Apply‘ under Recruitment at the extreme right hand side of the page if you’re browsing via Desktop/Laptop.
If you’re using your smartphone (not advisable), scroll down and you’ll see ‘Apply‘ under Recruitment, click on it and allow the page to load.
Now, select ‘Click to Start Filling Forms‘ if you just started the processes.
For applicants who have started the process and couldn’t complete it, enter your ‘Application Form Code‘ at the Application Form Code column.
After this, you’ll be taken to the page 2 of the GES recruitment process. At this stage, applicants are required to provide the following details.
- Title (Mr/Mrs)
- Last Name
- First Name
- Previous Name (If name has been changed)
- Gender (Male/Female)
- Date of Birth (Starting with Day, month and year)
- Marital Status
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Residential Address in Full
- Ghanaian Languages Spoken in Order of Proficiency
Click Next to proceed to the next page.
Further, applicants will provide information to certify their identity. Details to provide are;
- University Attended (a drop down of the various Universities will open once you click the column).
- University Index Number
- Year of Completion of University
- NTC Licensure No. (eg. NTC/GTLE/….)
- NTC Results
- NSS Number
- Region of NSS Posting
- District of NSS Posting
- SSNIT Number
- Programme Offered at University
- Major course Offered
- Minor course offered
Once an applicant successfully provide these details, he/she can then proceed to the next stage of the registration processes.
In addition to the above, applicants will be directed to the ‘Miscellaneous‘ page where he/she will provide the following;
- 1st Region Choice
- 2nd Region Choice
- 3rd Region Choice
Please Note: Notwithstanding the choices made, Management of GES reserves the right to post you to where your services are needed most.
- Do not apply if you are not willing to serve where posted to.
Moving forward, you are mandated to provide your health background.
- You shall be asked to answer the question of ‘Do you have any health problem(s) or disability?’
- If your answer to the above question was ‘YES‘, you can proceed to describe the health problem in the next column provided.
After doing so, you have to also upload the certified copies of your certificates.
- Your certificates should be individually scanned and saved as a PDF file for upload. Make sure to name your documents appropriately for easy identification.
- For applicants who answered YES to having health related issues, you have to upload a medical report. After all these are done successfully, click to submit your application.
- Your application will be submitted and a feedback given to you.
At this stage, you have successfully applied to be recruited as a GES staff.
The next thing to do is to wait for GES to announce selection of recruits to check if you were successful or not. All the best of luck.
How to edit GES application form online
During the registration of the Ghana Education Service online recruitment processes, one might make certain errors and will want to rectify them after submitting the application. To do so,
- Visit The GES Recruitment Portal at gespromotions.gov.gh
- Press “Click to Apply”.
- Enter the GES Recruitment “Application Code” that was sent to you via text message after you successfully submitted your application.
- Click on “View Submitted Forms/Continue Filling Form”.
- Press “Click to Edit Submitted Form” and make the necessary changes you wish to effect on your application.
- After editing the application and uploading the necessary documents, click submit.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD GES APPOINTMENT LETTER
After the release of appointment letters by the Ghana Education Service, applicants will be required to check and download their appointment letters. To do this,
- Visit gespromotions.gov.gh
- Click Postings
- Fill the information required and submit
- Pay GH¢10 via MTN Mobile Money
- Print Posting/Appointment Letter
- Make copies and submit with the documents below to the Regional office.
WHAT TO DO AFTER RECEIVING GES APPOINTMENT LETTER
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT GES REGIONAL OFFICE AFTER RECRUITMENT
- Medical Report
- Acceptance Letter
- University Degree Certificate (Original & Certified True copy)
- National Service Certificate
- Licensure Examination Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- National ID Card
- SSNIT Biometric Card (SSNIT Number)
- Bank account details
- WASSCE Certificate
- BECE Certificate
- Passport Pictures
- Any other relevant documents in your possession.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED DURING BIOMETRIC REGISTRATION
Successfully recruited applicants will be required to submit these documents during biometric registration to enable him/her to be put on the Controller and Accountant’s General Department (CADG) platform to start receiving salary.
- GES Appointment Letter
- Assumption Of Duty Letter
- Introductory Letter
- Certified Staff List From Headmaster/Mistress
- SSNIT ID Card or Number
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Account Details
DATE FOR GES RECRUITMENT
A source close to NewsVibz has communicated on condition of anonymity that the Ghana Education Service was set to open its recruitment portal at the latter part of August or early September but due to circumstances beyond their control, the recruitment has been pushed to October / November.
DEADLINE FOR GES RECRUITMENT
The Ghana Education Service recruitment portal when opened in October / November, will be closed around December / January and posting will be released afterwards.