The Management of Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) and the Registrar-General’s Department (RGD) together with the National Identification Authority (NIA) has released a list of centres where individuals can be assisted to replace their Taxpayers TIN with Ecowas card or Ghana card.
According to them, effective April 1, 2021, the Ghana card Personal Identification Number (Ghana card PIN) will replace the Taxpayer Identification Number of individuals issued by GRA for identifier for all transactions where the identification of an individual is required.
To ensure a seamless roll-out of this initiative, the following measures have bean instituted:
1. Registration officials of the National identification Authority (NIA) are currently stationed at fourteen (14) GRA offices across the country to register individuals who do not possess a Ghana card.
The Registration officials will be at the following GRA/RGD offices:
1. TIN Centre, Registrar-General’s Department, Accra
2. TIN Centre, Customs Long Room, Tema
3. Taxpayer Service Centre, Spintex Road
4. Taxpayer Service Centre, Adabraka
5. Taxpayer Service Centre 1, Tema
6. Taxpayer Service Centre, Koforidua
7. Taxpayer Service Centre, Cape Coast
8. Taxpayer Service centre, Takoradi
9. Taxpayer Service Centre, Asokwa
10. Taxpayer Service Centre, Sunyani
11. Taxpayer Service Centre, Ho
12. Taxpayer Service Centre, Bolgatanga
13. Taxpayer Service Centre, Wa
Registration officials of the National Identification Authority (NIA) will eventually be stationed at Sixty-three (63) other GRA locations to serve all taxpayers.
There will be a transition period from April 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021 where both the TIN and Ghana Card PIN may be used simultaneously as the unique number for tax identification purposes. After this period, it is expected that all existing TINs will be replaced with the Ghana Card PIN.
3. A Sell-Service portal has been made available on the GRA website (www.gra.gov.gh) for existing taxpayers who have registered and have been issued with Ghana card to link their Ghana card PIN to their TIN.
4. Any taxpayer with a Ghana card must present it at any GRA office to be registered as a taxpayer.
It must be noted that, for transactions such as the filing of returns, payment of taxes, clearing of goods, registering of businesses, the Ghana card PIN should be quoted on the documentation
Application Forms, Returns and Schedules) supporting the transaction.
“We continue to rely on the continued cooperation of all taxpayers, individuals and organisations in this exercise.”