You will remember that, the National Teaching Council (NTC) has since March, 2020 postponed the licensure examination following President Nana Akufo-Addo’s restrictions on public gatherings among others as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. The president subsequently eased restrictions on public gatherings in his last address on Sunday, 31st May, 2020 to allow certain activities including religious worship and reopening of schools.
The National Teaching Council (NTC) in a press release has announced a new date for the conduct of the examination. According to the NTC, all candidates who registered for the March 2020 Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) which was postponed due to the covid-19 restriction that their examination will be written on Saturday, 20 June, 2020.
The National Teaching Council has also outlined key guidelines or procedures to conduct the upcoming examination. Below are the guidelines.
All candidates should note that:
1. All the three papers shall be written on the same day.
2. Some centres chosen by candidates during registration have been changed.
3. Details of the centres shall be sent to candidates via SMS. Candidates may also check their centres on NTC website (www.ntc.gov.gh) or the dailies from Monday, 15 June 2020.
4. Candidates are to wear face mask before, during and after each paper.
5. Candidates shall follow all covid-19 protocols including washing of hands, use of sanitizers and observance of social distance.
In a statement signed by the NTC public relations officer Mr. Dennis Osei-Owusu, each candidate will be writing three different papers thus;
3. Essential Professional Skills
Also, the first paper shall start at exactly 8:30 a.m.
According to NTC, all candidates must endeavour to check their centres and report on time.