Since the beginning of the fourth Republic, all political parties that have registered with the electoral commission of Ghana have made it their duty to write manifestoes in which they clearly spell out the things they will do when they are elected into office.
The NDC earlier this week organised a forum on the theme ” NPP 2016 Manifesto in Perspective: Claims, Deception and Reality.” the purpose of this forum according the NDC said was to “conduct a comprehensive and objective assessment of the status of the numerous lofty manifesto promises President Akufo-Addo and the NPP made to Ghanaians in the run up to the 2016 general elections and the boastful claims of the New Patriotic Party on the implementation of same.”
Speaking to the forum the NDC held on the failed NPP promises, Hon. Samuel Okudzeto who did the presentation at the forum revealed some of the alternatives that the next NDC government under the leadership of John Dramani Mahama will provide when elected into office in this year’s December 7 elections.
Below are some of the Policies and Programs that Hon. Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa revealed on Good Evening Ghana on 17th June,2020
- Expand and double the capacity of the 37 military hospital.
- Construct two international standard infectious disease control centres.
- Establish two international research centres.
- Formulate the national disease response policy and plan.
- Make Ghana safe for journalists again
Revive companies collapsed by the NPP.
- Construct six new regional hospitals in the newly created regions.
- Establishing new universities in all the newly created regions.
- Cancel national service and licensure exams for colleges of education graduates.
- Comprehensive review of Senior high school education.
- Abolish the double track system
- Complete the abandoned E blocks
- Complete all abandoned hospital projects
- Reduce the size of government by at least 40 ministers
- Fix the full stretch of the Eastern corridor road.
- Dualize Afloa, Cape Coast and Kumasi roads.
- New Technology for fisher folks
Build market complexes in boarder towns.
- Review rent laws and provide social housing for the Masses.
- Rapid industrialization.
- Reform legal and medical education to create opportunity for the youth and transform our nation.
- Do away with the public universities education bill if government have it passed.
- Launch a free national apprenticeship program for 200,000 youths and assist them to set up.