Award winning sports journalist Saddick Adams has dropped a bombshell about natural football pitches in Ghana.
According to the journalist, all the natural football pitches in the country are not fit for the playing of international football.
In a tweet, Saddick Adams said “FACT: There’s not a single natural football pitch in the whole of Ghana fit for international football. None.”
SEE TWEET BELOW
FACT: There's not a single natural football pitch in the whole of Ghana fit for international football.
— Saddick Adams (@SaddickAdams) February 13, 2022
As expected, some Ghanaians have been reacting to the post made by Mr. Saddick Adams. Below are some of the comments.
- Most of the times when we renovate stadiums in this country we don’t pay attention to the pitches.
- Pitches around the world nowadays ain’t full natural. Most are artificially woven. That’s the technology we have to move to..
- And yet we are wasting all this monies on players and coaches. Hmmm Ama Ghana 🇬🇭
- The whole AstroTurf thing is nice but we need to be careful with it because most of our football is played on natural pitches. It will affect how our young players develop.
- It is very expensive maintaining natural pitches in our climate and under very limi tree d resources. It needs constant watering and trimming. It’s money, labour and fuel ⛽️ which the sports administrators need for other purposes, and not for pouring water on grass.
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh