Management of the University of Education, Winneba in the Central Region has after some considerations published a revised academic calendar for their affiliated Colleges of Education in the upcoming 2023 school year in order to complete the second semester which was distracted by the CETAG strike action.
The industrial strike action by the Colleges of Education Teachers Association (CETAG) against the Government in November 2022 halted the activities of the various colleges of education in the country and made the writing of Mid semester quizzes impossible for level 200s and 300s. The revision has therefore become necessary to help assess the students better now that the strike has been called off.
The release also announced an increase in the Examination fees by the University of Education with a percentage rate of 15 (15%) in line with Government policy and this increment takes effect from the 2023 academic year.
The revised calendar has the following schedules;
1. Tuesday, 3rd January, 2023 – Level 200 students report to campus
2. Tuesday, 3rd January, 2023 – Level 300 students report to campus
3. Wednesday, 4th January to 14th January, 2023 – Lectures begin for level 200 and 300
4. Monday, 16th January to 21st January, 2023 – level 200 End of Second Semester Examination
5. Monday 23rd to Saturday 28th January – level 300 End of Second Semester Examination
6. Monday, 30th January, 2023 – 1st Semester of 2023 Academic year begins
Management and students of all UEW affiliate colleges are to take important notice of this academic calendar revisions.