The Volta Regional Secretariat of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) is shocked and devastated by the sad news of the passing of H.E. Flt. Lt. Jerry John Rawlings. We have since suspended all campaign activities in the region.
Former President Jerry John Rawlings was a grassroots man, legend, great asset, and a charismatic leader with vision who founded our NDC on probity, accountability and social justice.
Subsequently, the leadership of the party in the region will visit his hometown Dzelukope on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 to commiserate with the family in line with the Ewe culture and Anlo tradition.
Additionally, the Regional Secretariat has outlined the following programs to honour his memory:
1. All Regional Executives, Members of the Political Committee and Council of Elders have since been deployed to the constituencies to hold emergency meetings to officially inform them about the untimely departure of our founder. The Constituency Executives shall do same at the branch and community levels.
2. Media briefing and opening of book of condolence at the Regional Secretariat on Monday, November 16th, 2020.
3. Memorial walks at all levels of the party structure
4. Regional Vigil at the Jubilee Park, Ho on Thursday, November 19th, 2020 at 6:00pm.
5. As part of his commitment to inclusiveness, the Regional Zongo Caucus in collaboration with the Regional Secretariat will organise special Muslim prayers in Kpando, Hohoe, Aflao and other zongo communities starting Monday, November 16th, 2020.
The rank and file are entreated to participate in all the activities.