Renowned security expert Mr. Adam Bonaa has reacted to the arrest of Prophet Owusu Kwabena by national security operatives for allegedly threatening the chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Ghana Mrs. Jean Mensah.
In his reaction to the arrest of the Man of God, the security expert condemned the manner in which the man of God was arrested. In his post on Facebook he asked the national security ten questions surrounding the .manner in which they arrested the man of God.
- 101 University Lecturers caution EC over new voter’s register compilation
- June 4th uprising is worth observing – Richard Senna
- I will complete all road projects before leaving office – Nana Akufo-Addo
Below is Mr. Adam Bonaa’s Write Up
SHAMEFUL ACTS BY NATIONAL SECURITY
My Name is Adam Bonaa and I am a concerned CITIZEN of Ghana.
Are we in a Banana Republic? Which law says one can be pronounced guilty before he or she appears in Court? Must National Security Agents Video Prophet Kwabena Owusu Agyei in the manner they did? Is Ghana no longer a rule of Law country? What the suspect said is wrong but that cannot warrant this disrespect to rule of law by the arresting officers.
I have TEN (10) Questions for National Security and the security fraternity in Ghana, which is headed by the President as the Chair of the National Security Council.
Pastor who threatened to kill EC Boss arrested with “wee” in his walletAdvertisement
1. Why was the suspect not given the Warrant to verify and authenticate if its signed by a court, which court, date, name of Judge etc. issued it ?
2. Why were his rights not spelt out clearly to him and asked to remain silent or whatever he says could be used against him?
3. Why was he not searched him at the scene of arrest?
4. Why was a relation of his not informed where they were taking him?
5. Are the NS agents aware suspect is not guilty till a court says so?
6. Could the NS officers have planted the Naco on him
7. Why video him posing with some herbs suspected to be Naco and publish it? Which law permits NS agents to humiliate suspects this way?
8. How did the NS agents know it was Naco?
9. Which Lab tested the substance the suspect is holding and confirmed it was Naco?
10. Shouldn’t the NS agents in the said video be rather detained for planting Naco on the suspect?
I am only asking questions, this could happen to anyone and this should not be happening under the leadership of human right lawyer President. I do not want to be a SPECTATOR; I want to be a CITIZEN as H. E the President -Nana Addo once proclaimed.