The Cervical Cancer Prevention and Training Centre of the Catholic Hospital, Battor has received supports.
Ten (10) out of the twelve (12) trainees received items through Hospital’s specially sponsored programme to help in their cervical cancer prevention work across Ghana.
Each of them received a Liger Medical thermal coagulator for treatment of precancerous lesions of the cervix. In addition, others received mobile colposcopes (the Enhanced Visual Assessment [EVA] system), tripod stands and mobile beds to enable them offer outreach services in the communities.
The items were presented to them by the Nurse Manager of Catholic Hospital, Battor, Mrs Catherine Hadzor, the Medical Superintendent, Dr. Hayford Atuguba and the hospital administrator, Mr. Donatus Adaletey.
The twelve Cervical Cancer Prevention trainees at Battor Catholic Hospital are:
1. Ms. Gifty Damsongor, Upper East Regional Hospital, Bolgatanga.
2. Ms. Eugenia Mensah, War Memorial Hospital, Navrogo, Upper East Region.
3. Ms. Edna Kueliho, St. Joseph Hospital, Nkwanta, Oti Region.
4. Ms Praise Eho, Worawora Government Hospital, Worawora, Oti Region.
5. Ms. Abigail Tutu, Presbyterian Hospital, Agogo, Ashanti Region.
6. Ms. Kate Etuoworsi Dzantor, Akpokope CHPS, Agotime Ziope District, Volta Region.
7. Ms. Cynthia Badasu, Juapong Health Centre, Juapong. Volta Region.
8. Ms. Nancy Quansah, Holy Child Catholic Hospital, Sekondi-Takoradi, Western Region.
9. Ms. Juliet Nyamekye, Our Lady of Grace Hospital, Breman Asikuma, Central Region.
10. Ms. Gloria Sarkodie Addo, Shai Osudoku District Hospital, Dodowa, Greater Accra Region.
11. Ms. Evelyn Amoako, St. Dominic Hospital, Akwatia, Eastern Region.
12. Dr. Boateng Duah, Private Practitioner (Obstetrician Gynaecologist), Takoradi, Western Region.