The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has reportedly elected its Parliamentary leadership for the 8th Parliament of Ghana.
In a statement intercepted by Coverghana.com.gh, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has elected its majority leaders for the 8th parliament. The party has settled on the following personalities for the next Parliament.
1. Speaker of Parliament – Hon Alban S. K Bagban
2. 1st Deputy Speaker – Hon James Klutse Avedzi, MP for Ketu North.
3. Majority leader – Hon Haruna Iddrisu, MP for Tamale Central and Minority Leader for the 7th Parliament.
4. Deputy Majority leader – Hon Doyoe Ghansah, MP for Ada and 2nd Deputy Minority Whip for 7th Parliament
5. Majority chief whip – Hon Muntaka Mohammed, MP for Asawase Constituency and Minority Whip for 7th Parliament.
6. 1st Deputy Majority chief whip – Hon Ibrahim Ahmed
7. 2nd Deputy Majority chief Whip – Hon Queenster Akua Sawyer, MP for Agona East.
According to reports available, the Leadership of the National Democratic Congress has written to the Clerk of Parliament informing the August House about this development in respect of the Leadership of its Parliamentary Group for the 8th Parliament.