The President of the Republic Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo has finally written on the Electronic Transactions Levy.
The electronic transactions Levy popularly called E-levy is a new tax of 1.75% which the current Government led by President Nana Addo-Dankwa Akufo-Addo is seeking to impose on Ghanaians.
In a tweet on his officially verified Twitter handle, the first gentleman of the land called on Ghanaians to support the government’s revenue mobilizatiom drive by supporting to the E-Levy.
In his tweet, the first gentleman of the country said “Let’s support Government’s revenue mobilisation drive; let’s support the e-levy. #ELevyForDevelopment”.
SEE TWEET BELOW
— Nana Akufo-Addo (@NAkufoAddo) February 16, 2022
Below is the list of Electronic Transactions covered under the Electronic transactions Levy
- Mobile money transfers between accounts on the same electronic money issuer (EMI)
- Mobile money transfers from an account on one EMI to a recipient on another EMI
- Transfers from bank accounts to mobile money accounts
- Transfer from mobile money accounts to bank accounts
- Bank transfers on a digital platform or application which originate from a bank account belonging to an individual to another individual
SOURCE : Coverghana.com.gh