An Information Technology Consultant Mr. Yayra Koku has accused President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and the New Patriotic Party (NPP) government for disrespecting the people of Volta Region (Ewes).
According to the Member of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) who is believe to be a fierce critique of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), the the Ghana-Togo boarder was closed on election day u der the NPP to stop Ghanaian citizens in the Republic of Togo from coming into Ghana to exercise their constitutional right by voting for their preferred presidential and parliamentary candidate.
- It’s wickedness to unleash Regional and Ethnic hatred on Voltarians – Prof. John Gatsi
- NPP declares war on voltarians; Efo Worlanyo Tsekpo uncovers memories
The former employee of the National Identification Authority (NIA) added that, though the Ghana-Togo boarder was shutdown, the interesting aspect was, the airports was not closed to prevent Ghanaians living in other foreign countries such as the United State of America, United Kingdom, among many from entering the Ghana.
- Armed Security in V/R : “Are the Military now certifiers of citizenship?” – Franklin Cudjoe
- Attack on Voltarians ahead of December 7 polls is shameful and shocking – Richard Dela Sky
- Volta Caucus MPs to Visit Ketu South tomorrow to ascertain the Security Situation in the Area
In a Facebook post, Mr. Yayra Koku expressed his disappointment over the deployment of heavy military personnel to the Ghana-Togo boarder at Aflao and it surrounding communities in the Ketu South Municipality of the Volta Region. Adding to that, he said, “it appears Akufo-Addo and his government have no respect for Ewes.” Below is his Facebook post.