The South Tongu Education Directorate is inviting applications to award teaching and non-teaching staff, who have been exceptional and hardworking in their fields.
The Award Scheme, which is to be held in collaboration with the South Tongu District Assembly, would award teachers from both the public and private schools, together with Second Cycle non-teaching staff within the District.
In a letter signed by the hardworking District Director of Education, Evelyn Araba Zentey (Ms) said, this decision was arrived after the Education Directorate in collaboration with South Tongu District Assembly have jointly revived the Best Teacher/Workers Awards Scheme to motivate teaching and non-teaching personnel to give off their best in quality education delivery within the District.
The categories to be awarded for teaching staff includes;
1. Early Childhood Teacher of the Year
2. Primary School Teacher of the Year
3. JHS Teacher of the Year
4. SHS Teacher of the Year
5. TVET teacher of the Year
6. Basic School Head of the Year
7. Second Cycle School Head of the Year
For Non-Teaching staff, the following are the categories under consideration.
1. Second Cycle Non-Teaching Staff Worker of the Year (Kitchen Staff Category)
2. Second Cycle Non-Teaching Staff Worker of the Year (General Staff Category)
3. District Education Office Non-Teaching Staff Worker of the Year
Criteria for application to accepted for consideration
1. All applicants for teaching staff categories are expected to be holding a professional teaching certificate with a teaching experience of not less than 5 years as at September 1, 2021.
2. Non-Teaching Staff applicants area also expected to have at least 5 years working experience.
Other directives, with which applicants must comply are as follows;
1. Attach a fully completed Personal Record form to their application.
2. All applications should be typed, addressed to the District Director of Education, put in quarto-sized envelope and submitted at the front desk of the District Director’s Office not later than Friday March 4, 2022.
3. Applicants are also expected to indicate their various categories at the top left-hand side of the envelope and should also indicate their contact numbers in the application letter.
Note that, the awards scheme limited to teaching and non-teaching staff in South Tongu.